Surveys and Mapping (Including DEM and 3D)
QuestUAV provides a both commercial and research based clients with a range of aerial services.
A typical UAV based survey will produce up to 500 high quality images
per sq. kilometre, at 1cm to 5cm resolution
detail gained from the individual imagery or orthorectified mosaics generally surpasses anything else currently available either from
satellite or conventional aerial imagery.
The low operating height of our UAVs produces exceptionally high quality aerial imagery with little or no atmospheric interference (cloud, haze etc).
Typical Imagery Appications:
- General high-resolution aerial imagery
- 3D Golf Course Imagery
- Measurement of Coastal Erosion
- Land management data
- Phase 1 Habitat survey
- Emergency and Contingency Planning
- Forestry management
High GeoSpatial Accuracy Imagery including DTM
This methodology requires independently georeferenced ground control points (GCPs)
- High accuracy Archaeology
- High Accuracy Fluvial and Hydrological survey
- Road and Rail infrastructure
- Engineering Works
- Mining and stockpile assessment
Assistance to the Emergency Services
- Rapid Aerial Assessment
- Rapid 3D Modelling and scenario assessment
- Live Video Facilities
- Almost continual coverage (daylight hours)
- Thermal Imagery
QuestUAV maintains a fast response vehicle on 24 hour standby. This vehicle can quickly be equipped with the following facilities and operate anywhere in UK that has road access:
- 3 x UAV with the following capability
- Rapid DTM capability (3D modeling)
- Video downlink
- Forward and vertical imagery or video
- live video feed and public display, plus remote display
Each UAV is capable of flight to 1km distance and 1500ft height from operator (max UK allowable range).
The vehicle is manned by a crew of three; Pilot, Commander and Technical Assistant.